About Roberts Academy
Roberts Academy is a community learning center located in the heart of Cincinnati's Price Hill neighborhood, serving approximately 810 Pre-K through 8th grade students and families. Roberts is proud of the academic successes achieved in the hallways and classrooms of our learning community.
The school population provides a snapshot of the diversity in the community, with students and their families coming from 20 different countries, including Guatemala, Mexico and Venezuela, Ivory Coast, Somolia, just to name a few. The rich culture of our community is embraced and celebrated every day as we educate and enrich our students, their families and the community surrounding Roberts Academy and Price Hill.
The mission of Roberts Academy: A Paideia Learning Community is to ensure that everyone fulfills his or her potential in a safe, collaborative learning environment that promotes a lifetime pursuit of knowledge, self-worth, responsibility and respect for self and others.
Roberts Academy: A Paideia community learning center will be a preeminent magnet school in Cincinnati that boasts rigorous academics and promotes life-long learning, attracting learners from diverse backgrounds. As a robust community learning center, Roberts strives to be an integral part of ongoing community revitalization.
Community Learning Centers
For our schools to transform, our communities must be revitalized. For our communities to revitalize, our schools must be transformed. They are dependent on each other and Community Learning Centers are the link.
What is a Community Learning Center (CLC)?
Schools and the communities they serve are closely linked. Seldom does one succeed without the success of the other. That's why our CLCs support student achievement, enrich and revitalize communities, and maximize the community's return on their financial investment.
We are very proud to be a CLC and a neighborhood anchor. We strive to go beyond academics to focus on the whole child by serving as a hub for community services that are available to all students, their families and the entire community. We are able to offer a variety services thanks to the collaboration and support of our many partners and the committed community of Price Hill.
Roberts Welcome Center is the supportive, multi-service center available to anyone in Cincinnati:
- Roberts Welcome Center provides assistance, resources and support services to all families in Greater Cincinnati.
- Some of these services include Family Talks, adult ESL classes, Spanish literacy and assistance with interpretation.
- Roberts Welcome Center provides families with information pertaining to finances and financial literacy, housing, employment concerns and needs and educational resources.
- The Center engages families in activities to strengthen their education, health, housing and family lives.
- Roberts Welcome Center is now home to the new Immigrant and Refugee Law Center, providing legal assistance for the families of Roberts Academy who are seeking advice and counsel around all issues pertaining to immigration, status, deportation and family matters.
Our Resource Coordinator
Tracy Power is the Hub Director for Roberts Academy.
The key component of a CLC is the partners who provide services and support. To manage and align these valuable partnerships, our full-time, on-site Hub Director, Tracy Power, plays an integral role in the success of the Community Learning Center.
To learn more about the services available at our school or how your company or organization can become a CLC partner or volunteer, please contact Tracy Power at (513) 363-4600 or via email.
Additional educational, after-school, and health support for students comes from:
- Community Learning Center Institute
- The Cincinnati Health Department School Health Program
- Cincinnati Early Learning Centers, Inc. (CELC)
- Central Clinic-Ready to Learn
- Catholic Charities
- Activities Beyond the Classroom (ABC) Enrichment Program
- Mentoring and tutoring partners
- Young Readers Program
- Adopt A Class
- FreeStore Foodbank Power Pack Program
And numerous others who are dedicated to the academic success of our students.
Local School Decision-Making Committee (LSDMC)
LSDMC is a group of parents, teachers and community representatives. The group functions in an advisory role to the principal, to determine program, policy and budget issues for the school.
School Visits and Tours
We welcome visits from parents and guardians as well as prospective families who would like to tour the school. To protect student safety, all visitors must register in the office before going to the classroom. Parents/guardians who would like a conference with their child's teacher must schedule an appointment with the teacher.
Tours are also available on request. To schedule a tour, stop by our main office or call us at (513) 363-4600.
Stay in Touch
When you miss a day at Roberts, you miss a lot! You can now keep in touch with all of the happenings with our community learning center, students and families by watching a monthly video and reading our electronic newsletter.